Originally Posted by Hudge
I used to write government contracts for DoD for service provided. I now handle contracts from time to time for DOI and other agencies as well, though I’m just a middle man now. It will depend on the wording of the contract, the clauses in the contracts, stipulations, is it an option year, etc. I did a QA/QC visit on a contractor to find out they were not doing their end of the contract for the Air Force. Within 3-5 weeks and no money exchange on either side for breaking the contract, the contract was terminated for contractor not holding their end of the contract. If there are clauses or stipulations in this contract, it could be that easy, but I highly doubt it. I’d imagine since this is for a good provided and Winchester can sell 30% to the public, the Fed. Govt. will have to pay Winchester large amounts of money for breaking this part of the contract. Again, it will all depend on the wood g of the contract, but you can bet lawyers on both sides are already talking to each other.

Would not be shocked if he called force majeure due to Uvalde for crashing the contract. Not saying its right or legal - just saying I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

Me