Originally Posted by Mule Deer
...Having been to other Sportsman's Warehouses in Montana, and even a few in other states, I suspect that part of the "new deal" is individual stores have some leeway in what they can stock and deal in. It would be a smart thing to allow, especially in my part of Montana, where they have to compete with local sporting goods that are also pretty darn good--and deal in used firearms.
Back several years ago around the time Sportsman's expanded and then had to severely downsize, I noticed a lot of inventory would go out but not be replaced or they were chronically short of common items. I asked the gun department manager about it and he said that individual store managers used to be able to order and replenish inventory for their individual stores, but that corporate management had taken that discretion away from them and all inventory allocation was determined and distributed via central corporate decisions. The results were obvious, same as any corporation (or government body) that tries to make one size fits all decisions for locally disparate situations.

Maybe they learned from that?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!