Originally Posted by Salmonella
Absolutely Stunning!!!!!
I've had an obsession with those monster bears since I was a child after hearing the stories from my late father who was stationed on Kodiak in the Navy.
I would go to the biggest outdoor shows...SCI and FNAWS and the top Taxidermists shops to look at giant bears and find out which outfits were killing the biggest bears and I'd just be in awe of the giant bear mounts and photos of bears taken on Kodiak and the Peninsula.
I compiled volumes of information and photos.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]ere I lived

After a couple of interior Grizzly Bear hunts that were difficult and ended in a mediocre bear....

, I buckled down and saved for a 2 week backpack hunt on Kodiak.
I trained hard for a year backpacking heavy weights up the mountains behind the ranch where I lived.
Long story short, I fulfilled my lifelong dream of taking a huge 10 foot, 1 inch (9 foot 8 x 10 foot 6) square bear measured flat as it lay the skull made all time book.
Not a day goes by that I'm not humbled, thankful and overwhelmed by that experience.
Without question, the most incredible adventure of my lifetime.

Thank you so much for posting this story.
I hope more photos of this bear surface along with a full recap of the hunt.
I've been scouring the internet, but very limited information has surfaced aside from a group of anti hunters that jumped on the story.
Please post more if you find it.

Again, Thank you Swamplord!!!👍

Nice!