Originally Posted by ironbender
Stretch wide and hold: measure.

Stretch long and hold: measure.

LOL

Ironbender, you are not kidding. You are around long enough to know that is exactly how it is all to frequently done, much stretching.

My Boone and Crocket Brown bear rivals this one in size and is maybe larger in body sized. Laid out flat, no stretching or anyone tugging on it an honest 10' 10", front paw 9 7/8", front claw length 5". D.&C. Expediters in Anchorage, if they are even still in business, said it was not the largest head to go thru their shop but the largest cape they have had in their shop. Dick Gunlogson was in there while I was dropping " Cub Killer " off and he too said it was the largest body size he had seen. Fish and Game later sent me a post card aging the boar at over 20 years old. Boar had lots of character in terms of many fighting scars on its face. Last time I checked still the largest bear ever taken on Afognak island draw hunt. Non Resident draw was 2 Fall permits and 2 Spring permits.

I have video of the bear being taken, high quality for its time and video of the bear being laid out for measuring, massive.

N.R.A. Endowment Life Member