Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Apparently you’ve been shopping where BSA shops.

It’s bullshit AK…. grin

Damn, I just spit out my good coffee!!! If it makes you guys feel better, I've been passing on a lot of ratty ones too. Damn 1959 30-06 fwt with no finish on the floor plate and refinished stock for $1,200.00 yesterday. A 270 std wt with a damn brake added for $1,100.00. That was hideous!!! 2 other pre 64's at the shop I bought my new Tikka 22-250 saturday. One had the stock cut with recoil pad added. I spotted that a mile away. The guy asked if I wanted to look at it and I said, "no, the stock has been cut and shortened and that pad looks like schidt. Really has no collector value now".... He didn't seem too happy about that. The other one, the barrel was obviously re-blued. They wanted $1,100.00 for it. I would have been much happier with the XTR featherweight 243 win that had one of the most beautiful stocks I've seen. Looked custom with very nice grain, but it was factory. That rifle was made in '82 and they wanted $1,100.00 for it. I always ask shop owners if they have pre 64's, but most say they are getting harder to find again... That means prices are undoubtedly going up...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA