Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That sure is a sweetheart. BTM metal should be aluminum. The 243 fwt came out in '55, just like so many of the others. First year of the montecarlo is '52. Yours could have had either or: Low comb or montecarlo with aluminum butt plate. As you noted, it should have sling "swivels", not sling swivel studs. Those are aftermarket. Nice for hunting with, but not original to the rifle.. Thanks for sharing Ldg. When are you going to take it to the range? We want range report!! ha ha.
I don’t have Rule handy but I seem to recall that the 243 fw is an oddball and was only available in MonteCarlo; not sure if that was first year only or for the entire run.

Yes, you are correct Ak. Good catch. According to Rule, they started the "phase out" of the low comb stock in 1955. According to Rule: "The 243 win was offered only in the Monte Carlo version for all of its various styles". Page 222

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA