I have had a 270 since 1978. I bought that Ruger M77 with the 200 dollar scholarship that I won from writing a patriotic paper in a contest by a local Elks lodge.

I asked my High School counselor if I could buy the rifle with the money and she agreed.

Started handloading for that 270 in 1980 in college.

Had many 270s since then and still have four model 70s as well a Steyr and a BAR. Used the aforementioned Ruger to kill my first rifle taken deer. That Ruger was a 2 moa rifle and I foolishly it traded away.

But I have had several accurate 270s and later used one of them to take my first bull elk with a couple of early 130 grain Barnes X bullets. Both hit the bull sguare in the shoulder and both exited. Also killed my first wild boar with the same bullet. the 175 pound boar was running sharply away and the bullet entered the left hip and exited the right shoulder.

The most accurate bullets have been Nosler Ballistic Tips and Hornady Spire Points. My favorite 130 grain bullet now is the hard to find Hornady Interbond,

It has been accurate and seems to hit stuff really hard as well as exit. It hits stuff about like the old Bear Claws. Bonded bullets tend to be very quick expanders and killers in my experience.