Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
I realize that each rifle has specific loads that are best for accuracy, however, for those of you who've done lots of load development over the years with numerous .270 Win. rifles, have you found one particular 130 gr. hunting bullet that seems to be consistently very accurate in rifle after rifle? thank you.

I can't tell you about rifle after rifle, I've only owned one .270. What I found most accurate was pretty dang standard though. 130 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, max load of H4831, WW brass, and Fed 210M primers. In my stainless 700 SPS that was good for quarter inch 100 yard groups. (I don't recall why I sold it, probably something else shiny caught my eye and I needed funds to get it.)

In the same gun I shot 150 grain partitions .. 'bout MOA with the same components. I don't recall the amount of H4831 but it was enough to shorten case life to 3-4 firings before the primer pockets got too loose. Lesser loads were also noticeably less accurate. (Would have been a good one to try with RL26 if it'd been available.)

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...