Originally Posted by BC30cal
SandBilly;
Thanks for the reply and most excellent advice, I'll try my utmost to heed it.

Silly question from an unschooled Canuck, but other than more cleaning perhaps there's no downside to lead with a suppressor is there?

As mentioned, I've been shooting .38Spl lead out of the lever gun and the barrel looks cleaner than a .22 with an equal number of rounds.

If the young shooter is keen to learn, casting is a fun rabbit hole to jump into.

I started casting on the kitchen stove when I was maybe 13 or so and convinced my Dad to do the paperwork for a .36 Colt Navy replica kit gun. The .36 Navy is long gone, but casting is still something this old guy likes to fool with from time to time.

[Linked Image]

If I could figure out a way to use them to convert this into something, I bet my open box issue would be less worrisome, you know? grin

[Linked Image]

I am cognizant that if you do this it'll be in the future once the reloading setup is in place too, but the girls and I did some casting together when they were younger and they seemed to enjoy it.

All the best again sir, it's really good to see the next shift getting a firm foundation.

Dwayne

I’m far from an expert on suppressors but my understanding is you do not want to shoot lead cast through one if its not serviceable. The only cans that I have that can be completely taken apart are .22 cans, and they’re the only ones I clean. I’d still like to get into casting either way, never know when we may have to totally grow our own..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~