SandBilly;
Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it and again I've learned something sir!

It never occurred to me that one couldn't take them apart somehow...

The neat thing about casting is - well used to be when we could find the molds - but it's relatively easy to make some odd stuff.

For instance there's an obscure ruling here that one can hunt black bear with a 20guage shotgun or larger but that it has to have Number 1 Buckshot. Buddy on another forum has a 20guage double as a "camp gun" and didn't want to run afoul of the CO's if they happened to inspect it and there's no such animal as No. 1 buckshot in 20guage on this side of the medicine line.

Anyways long story short, No. 1 Buck pellets are .300" and buddy got a gift package in the mail of a bunch of .312" round balls so he's good to go should an impromptu CO encounter happen.

While it's stalled a wee bit as of late with house and garden work, one of the things on the "to do" list is work up a round ball load with a few of the .308" bored rifles in the safe using those .312" balls and running through a .309" sizer. It "should" with either Trail Boss or a pinch of 231 make something fairly quiet and nothing to stand in front of either I'm thnking?

Anyways casting does open up a different avenue or three for sure and if the new shooter is into it, so much the better right?

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"