Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The Republican candidate for President will be running against Gavin Newsom, not Joe Biden.

Book it.
Good logic. Young, handsome and politically motivated with executive experience. I can see it.

kwg

I don't see how he picks up support from anyone outside of CA tho. I mean the entire country finds CA to be a joke and a political craphole. Even Dems I know - aren't looking for California as a place to live. He also doesn't bring a state's EC that they'd not get otherwise. CA goes blue with/without him - need to find someone who can bring a swing state blue.

I don't see Gavin running in the next Pres election. He's up for re-election this fall here, and will likely want to finish out that term. A full 8 years to get their agenda even more fully established here. That gets him to the next midterms. He may want to run for Senate then to be set up for the debates for the 2028 Pres election.

And I'm with luv2safari, there will be a big pushback in the midterms this fall pretty much as he outlined. I said the same in another thread today. If I was a REAL conspiracy theorist, I'd say it was set up this way from the start, including that leak about the Roe decision. They're trying to mobilize their base who is losing faith in them due to this Administration and hope they can keep the Congressional houses should Biden implode the country even more.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?