Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Tomorrow, my best bud Mark and I fly out to Kodiak to do some fishing. Mark's a good dude. Funny as hell. I always joked that he's a confrontation looking for a place to happen though. When he's driving and I am talking to him on the phone, if the conversation goes for more than 10 minutes, I'll hear his horn honk along with some cussing. He also likes to do things to provoke or gauge response.

In fact that's what he was doing when I met him. We were both stationed in Kodiak with the Coast Guard. I took a part time job at the Coast Guard exchange working ithe gun counter and sporting goods. I was behind the counter. He walks up and starts BSing. He asked about one of the guns. Without hesitation, I handed it to him. Before everything was said and done, he had asked to handle about every gun we had. When he ran out of steam, I quipped that we had some in the back in boxes that I'd let him fondle. He laughed. And thus it began. Two coastal Mississippians in a far away land became best hunting and fishing buds. His 15 year old son is joining us.

We'll be staying with an old friend who has a nice offshore boat. Halibut and salmon should come back with us as checked baggage. If I have service where we'll be, I'll post some pics. Damn, I need this getaway.

Have a good time dude, sounds like a blast!

MAGA