Just a simple hick from the sticks opinion, but here goes…I get what you’re trying to say by “force”, but not sure that’s the right word. In my meager opinion, load development isn’t forcing anything, it’s merely a process to eliminate, or more to the point, minimize as many variables as possible while finding the exact combination of components to maximize accuracy in that particular rifle. In reality, if you’re chasing tiny groups, all the variables…rifle, every aspect of said rifle, every component, weather, elevation, etc, etc, etc, is actually forcing YOU to find the “sweet spot”. If you change a load and the rifle shoots better, you’ve adjusted or minimized the variables to a level more suited to that rifle. In your mind, you maybe think you’ve “forced” the rifle to “like” that load. I’m sure if rifles could think and talk, they would laugh at the notion you’ve “forced them to like a new load recipe”. If a rifle doesn’t shoot a particular recipe or bullet well, and you can narrow it down essentially to the rifle barrel twist and bullet weight/style not working well for your acceptable accuracy level, in my opinion, it’s a fool’s mission to continue trying to get 3/8” groups out of an incompatible bullet/recipe choice for that rifle. Might not be worth a plug nickel, but just my meager opinion. 😎

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!