As in "See Dick run, see Jane run" primer.

The setup:

- Seems like my centerfire handgun shooting for the foreseeable future is going to be about 90-95% .38 Specials with maybe a few mid-level .357 loads tossed in just to use my existing brass.
- Currently have three S&W .38's, two K-frames and a J-frame. Always on the lookout for the next toy but since I've been a Smith fan since forever every S&W for sale at even a remotely not insane price is something that would duplicate what I have or I already had one or three of the same model.

I've never had a Colt .38 Spl and thought, hmm, one of those might be interesting to look for and play with but my knowledge of those is relatively slim compared to the Smiths.

Would prefer a more vintage piece from the 70's or any time before and it needs to be chambered specifically for .38 Spl since I have enough .357's to last me. Looking at gunbroker either a Police Positive or Officer's Model Match/Target/Special/what have you might be relatively affordable and available. A Diamondback would be super but I'd have to mortgage the house and would prefer not to do that.

So...who wants to give me a basic education on those two? I believe one or both has the same lockwork as the Python but don't know for a fact. Anything specific to look for or gotchas to avoid? Any other model besides those two to look at?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!