You might keep your eyes open for an older Trooper, too. They have adjustable sights, and also came in .357. In fact, they had the same gun, with a nicer finish, called the Three Five Seven, and it was sort of the basis for the Python.
However, most of them were in .38 Special. I had one about 30 years ago, and it was a wonderful shooter. I loaded a lot of Sierra 110 Blitz bullets in mine, and did a lot of frogging with it. I shot it mostly DA, as I was trying to work on my DA shooting back then. Those old Troopers were almost matte-finished, it was a pretty dull blue on them, but it sure didn't effect the way they shot. BTW, a Colt will use a 1-14 twist barrel, which should make it good for heavier bullets, but the cylinder is pretty short, so it makes it more difficult to load those heavier bullets. I was having so much fun with those Sierras I didn't even care.

Those older Troopers, and the Official Police/Officers Model Match models, were all based on the exact same frames as the Pythons, same actions, everything except the barrel profiles and exterior finishes.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 06/27/22.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.