Spotshooter;
Good afternoon sir, I hope you're getting the weather down in Kansas that you need and besides the ice cream making wrinkles you're all well.

When we were kids I recall us having a wooden one much like SandBilly showed in the video link. but smaller and only a hand crank.

I can't recall ever making anything other than vanilla and perhaps one's recollections are better as they age, but I recall it as excellent.

When our girls were little we had a tiny ice cream maker that we'd make ice cream with them too now that I think of it. Had completely slipped my gears until I started typing the response.

They liked it, that much I recall and I don't recall it as bad either, but it might have come with flavor packets and we'd just add the cream? Sorry I can't recall that detail but they had one too.

Good luck with the process though as I do believe it was pretty good stuff. When we buy the more expensive "creamery" style ice cream up here and French Vanilla flavor it most reminds me of the flavor of what we did 50 years ago.

Thanks kindly for the fond memories both from my own childhood and our girls' as well.

All the best and good luck with the ice cream making quest.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"