Originally Posted by mwarren
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What say you Winchester guru's?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sorry, I had to paint my new Brown PoundR and install a red pad on it.. eek I'm pretty happy with how my $350.00 classic synthetic 7mm rem mag turned out though.. She's a shooter and a looker. Had to also install a pre fit limbsaver on that one. The old pad was too ratty.

These are nice looking rifles. Really like the short barrel with sights on the rifle at Top. The second rifle from the Top looks like everything goes together, rifle, stock, scope, etc. What stock is 2nd rifle from the top wearing?

Thanks. The rifle on top is a recent purchase. I bought it 2 months ago: it is a 1961 30-06 featherweight in a Mcmillan stock. The second one down is my pre 64 338WM semi custom with Gretan stainless barrel, and midnight blue cerakote. It sits in a Brown Precision PoundR. Its a favorite of mine. One of my favorite elk rifles, since it only weighs about 8 pounds all up. The rifle below that also wears a Brown Precision PoundR. A recent purchase of mine. I have $180 (total) in the stock, after selling the wood stock that it used to wear. That rifle is a very good rechambered 300H&H, now a 300WBY. Shoots lights out and is nice and light as well. Very similar to the 338wm, except for the 2" longer barrel and factory irons. All of these rifles have been glass bedded, and fine tuned, so they shoot very well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA