Man, I'm dreading that day, we just moved from a small town in VA to Cumberland County, out in the sticks (a little), and we have a "town raised" Collie with NO common sense at all. We're told this area is chock full of Copperheads, local utility guy was afraid to walk 15' past our yard edge to go check on a possible old well head. So far this year, we've seen about four snakes on the property, two Rats and two Blacksnakes, and while I was clearing some brush and a couple small trees, found somebody's "shed tree", full of about four sheds, each about 3-4' long. I let the dog run loose in our smallish fenced back yard, and we walk him on a leash, but even with me looking that's no guarantee that I can spot one before dumbss does.

Glad to hear yours did not get it as bad as she could have, and hoping for a speedy recovery for her. Do you (or does the vet) think she got a dry bite, or maybe a low dose of venom?

Gratuitous pic of dumb Collie boy trying to sleep with his head up... (that's a lot of nose for a pissed of Copperhead to be able to tag!)
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 07/04/22.