Originally Posted by Valsdad
What you mention about volume might be the reason we haven't received any letters..........yet?

I'm not positive, but I believe our well is registered. I haven't bothered to fact check that. But, as a small domestic well, I doubt even with my gardening I'm going to use enough to cause them to come after me..................yet?

What you say about it being a shared resource is what worries some of us. There's a big AG operation over the ridge from us, thousands of acres under pivots and wheel lines. Some of their water comes from the river, but a big portion is groundwater. My rancher neighbor thinks we're all on the same aquifer and in drought years, like this one, when those folks really have to pump to grow alfalfa the level in our wells get lowered. Likely he's worried about his pivot and wheel line on the one section down the road.. I think he's got water rights on the creek that runs through his property where his house and farm are, but these couple of fields use well water.

Scheidty situation for sure, but there's no doubt in my mind the "city fathers" would love for more folks to move into the area. We lost 10% of the population from 2010 census to the 2020 one and businesses are suffering. But, where the hell are they going to find the water if this drought, that's predicted to get worse by some, continues for another decade or more.

It'll be a big lifestyle change if I have to stop gardening because our well will only support our domestic use. And if it gets really bad it'll mean thousands of $$$ to drill it deeper.

Is it any wonder I'm not a fan of..........................people?

Well, a good portion of them at least.

What I'm told is that they started south and are working north. They are working around Sacramento as of this spring. That said, they already tried to take my friend in Modoc's spring water for "stream flow rights" two years ago. They haven't come after his wells, yet.

Sic Semper Tyrannis