Originally Posted by ctsmith
This was when Bo was playing ball at Auburn. So funny.

''The first time I went deer hunting, the only thing the landowner forgot to tell me is that the deer will snort when they smell you,'' said Jackson.

''Just when I was starting to get out of my treestand, it had gotten dark to the point where I couldn`t see that well. When I was climbing down, I heard this loud snort in back of me, and I climbed right back into the treestand. I didn`t know what it was.

''After a while, I started climbing down again and just as my foot was touching the ground, I heard it again. To make a long story short, the landowner ended up having to come get me at quarter to 10 that night.

''I was still up there in my treestand, trying to figure out what was down there.''

As I understand it, Bo grew up in the B'ham area and had little to no outdoor experience until going to Auburn. Once he got started hunting, he REALLY got into it. But, he had some interesting learning escapades.

Mr. Mann told me of taking him grizzly hunting in AK (maybe Canada) and they were stalking a big bear in very thick growth, thick enough that sight distance was measured in feet or maybe even inches in some parts. The bear suddenly turned and started feeding toward them. Mr. Mann told Bo to get his bow up and be ready. Mann never saw the bear but heard it moving toward them, then by them, and finally on past them. After he was gone, he went to Bo and asked him didn't the bear get close enough for Bo to see him. If you didn't already know, Bo suffers from a lifelong stuttering issue (see the video posted above) and his answer was, "Ss-ss-eee him, I-I-I coulda t-t-touched him!". He froze up and never drew the bow or moved while the bear went right past him at arm's length.