Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Hyundai engines are almost entirely direct injected. Some manufacturers do that better then others but DI is not a good thing even in a properly designed engine.

Pretty much every engine designed within the last 15 years is direct injected, that's not something that's even remotely exclusive to Hyundai. Direct injection is good for about 15% better fuel economy, it's basically a requirement to make CAFE standards. You seem to have a beef against Hyundai since you're bashing them in every post here. I don't own one but know several people with them and they've been universally happy. I'd certainly pick one over any domestic maker.

I have a 2014 Honda and it does not have direct injection, my 19 Highlander did not have direct injection neither did my 2017 Tundra. My POS 2016 ford f150 had DI and they were known to have carbon issues. It was bought back by the factory because of issues DI caused (like low vacuum) They went to DI and MPI in 2017 to fix those problems.

I don't know of a person that has owned a Hyundai or Kia that has kept it long unlike those that have owned Honda and Toyota.