For me, it’s been Rifles.
Started hand loading for a.308 when I was 14.
When I got outta the Army, I got into it more. I thought it’d save me money. I soon found out it cost more, but allowed me a heckuva lot more shooting cheaper than buying factory stuff. And what’s more fun than recreational gunfire?
Right now I’m loading .223, 22/250, .243, .257 Bob, 7x57, 7mm Rem Mag, .308, ought 6, and .35 Whelen. Add in some .270 and some other stuff for friends.
I gotta say that I enjoy it. I find it relaxing. Me and Waylon Jennings, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash and quite a few other Country Stars have loaded Boo Cooh shells.
With the added benefits of more trigger time and the pride involved in filling the freezer with your own hand loads, I can’t think of a better way to spend my time and $!
Stuff’s sorta Hard to find, and the cost keeps going up, but I plan on doing it till I’m ready for the box. After that, what ever’s left is gonna be Ben’s problem!
I figure he’ll carry on the tradition, and hopefully so will his kids.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden