A lot! All rifle!

I used to load a little bit of shotgun and a ton of 38 and 45, but my rifle looneyism finally pushed all that aside. I just don't shoot either of them enuf to load them. A friend with around a dozen Dillons of various complexities gives me what little handgun ammo I want except for factory stuff that I use for carry purposes. I bought a case of military grade 00 buck for use if I need to repel boarders. If I ever shoot doves again, I'll buy a few boxes.

Rifle ammo of many shades have been churned out of my presses over the last 43 years. What little factory stuff purchased has been really cheap deals for the purpose of getting brass. Some European cartridges are as cheap to buy loaded as to buy new brass. PPU is a good example. When I got my 9.3X62, their ammo was super reasonable and the brass excellent. When I picked up my 1903 Mannlicher-Schoenauer, I ran across a guy at a gun show that gave me an unbelievable price on 14 boxes of old (70s I think, came in the old wood grain boxes) Norma 6.5X54. There was so much of it that I ended up killing a deer with it before I emptied all the brass. That is the first deer killed with a factory load in decades, maybe even since 79 when I started reloading.

I have also started casting and powder coating. So far, I've only taken deer with cast in 45-70, 38-55, and 9X57. Hope to add 30 WCF to that list this year using my Winchester 54, but with my eyes, hitting a deer using the Lyman peep will be a challenge.

EDIT: Just did a quick count and, it seems that I have loaded almost 30 CF rifle rounds.

Last edited by Hook; 07/26/22.