Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Geno67
In Israel:

"2022 Toyota Tundra
$32,000 MSRP
18/24
An all-wheel drive Toyota truck ready for action. Learn more about the power of its standard V6 engine and impressive towing capacity of over 11,450 lbs."

How much does that govt mandated crap cost? Airbags, emissions, engines that run on ethanol or biodiesel?

You take the govt regulation crap off, I bet it'd cost $10k less.

The idiot government mandated stuff runs about 5k now (that's also the difference in prices for cars from other countries to the US) it used to be 10 but improvements in production have apparently driven that down by half.

Demand is the main price driver now. People who only care about the payment have allowed manufacturers/dealers to charge an insane premium on trucks and full sized SUVs in this country. We're also the only country in the world where 0 interest on a vehicle loan is a thing. Fools are willing to pay a massive premium on the price so they make all their money (and more) without needing to charge interest. The fools think it's a good rate - LMAO - some even brag about it. They shut that ignorant sheet right up when I show them prices in the rest of the world. All the "your money would serve you better in whatever investment or bank you have it in" fools gag a little when they realize they could have started off with an extra 30 grand in those investments/banks.

When supply is there and gas prices stay up, truck prices plummet as we saw in Obama's terms. With the government mandated covid shutdowns we saw the supply dry right up so the demand will probably stay high in this country if I had to guess. Part of the fun of living in a very rich and very poorly educated country I suppose.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank