Nimblehunter: Indeed I do miss my father. He was born in 1922 and lived through the Depression and WW-II where he was severely wounded and taken prisoner by the Germans in France.
The Germans did NOT treat his wounds (to both feet - via land mine) for the months he was a prisoner but once liberated he was treated and recuperated in Paris - after recuperation he was assigned as a prison guard over German prisoners.
His feet never completely healed from their wounds (nerve damage) and he never walked a painless step til late in life (age 80) when a V.A. Doctor started removing nerves from his feet and over time the offending nerves were gone and he began to live pain free.
Despite his disability he became a "template maker" for Pacific Car & Foundry amassing a fortune (some from real estate investments) before he died at age 86 in 2,008.
He loved to fish and Hunt but walking was painful and hampered him (us!) in this regard.
He raised three successful sons and had 4 grandchildren.
Above all he instilled in his sons a STRONG work ethic and unfettered honesty.
Yes I "miss" my Dad - may he rest in peace, there at Tahoma National Cemetery - with an incredible unobstructed view of Mt. Rainier.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy