Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Rick,

What scope and rifle?

Hey Jordan,

Just posted about the rife. Scope is currently a tract Toric 2.5-10. I've had other scopes on it, but averaged the same group size.
Sounds like a nice setup. Is the barrel floated, or does it have a pressure pad, etc.?

It is floated, no pressure pad. But if I really squeeze I can make the forend contact the barrel.

How many layers of printer paper or dollar bills can you easily slide between forend and barrel? Floated all the way to the receiver, or with the barrel shank bedded?

You can roughly check throat length by seating a bullet long, colouring the bullet ogive with a black sharpie, and trying lightly to chamber. If it chambers, check for rifling marks on the bullet. If none, seat longer. If you see rifling marks or you can’t chamber the dummy round, seat deeper. Keep going until you just barely see rifling marks in the black colouring, and you have a rough COAL to lands.

It is floated all the way to the receiver. I haven't tried stacking paper. I can see about that when I get home. I'll try the measurements again too.