Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Flew over whose head?

I worked on getting some seating depth measurements last evening to see where I’m at. When I get a chance to load some again, I’ll be seating incrementally deeper and see what happens. Thanks though….

Good afternoon sir,

I've read thru and just want to point out a couple things............

Having an exact measurement off the lands means nothing! Finding a seating depth that your combo likes does! I'm assuming you have an idea where the lands are just not an exact location? If I'm within 20thou of the lands as a starting point I'm good! I could be 10 off or I could be 20 off it doesn't matter in the end as long as I'm not jammed into the lands to start with

It was pointed out that when double grouping occurs seat deeper period! I agree with that statement! When I'm double grouping I seat 10 thou deeper than go in 3 thou increments. If I'm not double grouping just go in 3 thou increments. Seating nodes can be as close as 6 thou apart so if you make a big move you may skip over some great seating nodes.

Your load was double grouping so seating 10 thou deeper and than going in 3 thou increments could easily clean it right up.

The load looked promising to me! I've seen rifles go from your groups to one hole with what I've mentioned above

Just my 02 and good luck with your shooting

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 08/10/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field