Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
I have had one on a Mauser action for decades. No issue whatsoever except the glass coating has yellowed, but it is still useable. Scope functions perfectly. I will say, though, that the Zeiss Diavari 3x9x36 MC is easily the better scope of the two, is about the same price range, and is easier to find.
Around 30 years ago, a hunting friend had a 3 - 9 x 36 Zeiss on his rifle and I had the 3-9 Swarovski on mine. We both compared the scopes as it got dark side by side when we were waiting for varmints to come out. He thought my Swarovski was marginally better and I thought his Zeiss was marginally better. Really, there was no difference optically between the two scopes that was obvious.

Well you never know about scopes and each person's eyes are different. I am looking through mine now, 8/5/2022, not 30 years ago, and there is a marked difference in brightness. I suspect the yellowing of the glass, which is common on these older era Swaros (I have two that have yellowed), is the culprit and thus the recommendation for the Zeiss which is 100% bright and clear.