Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Agreed on a trade a while ago. Told the guy I would be a day or two to ship. An then got slammed at work. No way to get to the Post office when they were open. Kinda looked like a douche for a bit, nothing I could do about. That sucked.

Also bought a scope a while ago. Guy just tossed it in a box an shipped it. Fugger couldnt be bothered to even use one piece of newspaper to help protect the scope!
Had something somewhat similar a while back. Bought a nice scope, seller had the original box for scope; I advised the cheapest way to ship it was to put it in a large flat rate priority box. So he did.

I didn’t think that I needed to specify that he should throw a little extra padding in there, or at least tape the scope box shut. Needless to say the box arrived with the scope floating around freely inside the large priority box.

Fortunately it was a decent scope and outside of a few extra scuffs didn’t appear to be too much worse for wear, but the experience definitely went into the category of WTF are people thinking.
🤔