In the '80s I was doing enough rifle, pistol, and shotgun shooting to justify me in buying progressive presses for almost all of my reloading. In the '80s and '90s I was competing in Trap and later Skeet and loading and shooting 10K shotshells every year so I bought 4 Pacific/Hornady 366 progressive shotshell loaders, one each for 12, 20, 28 ga, and .410 shotshells. I no longer compete in shotgun events, but I still load and shoot about 5K shotshells every year. I also don't do any kind of rifle or pistol competitions, but I still load and shoot several thousand rifle and pistol cartridges every year. Enough to make me appreciate my Dillon and Hornady progressive loaders, even if I am retired.

Buy carbide size dies for your pistol reloading and you'll save all the time that that it takes to lube and clean the lube off of your cases. I load 4 pistol calibers on mine, and I bought extra seat/crimp dies for my .357 and .44 magnum and .38 and .44 Special loading. The other two pistol cartridges that I loadon my Dillon are .45 acp and 9 mm Luger. I also load all of my .223 and .308 Win shells on my Dillon, and I bought Lee Collet Neck Sizing Dies to also eliminate lubing them.

I also bought Lee Collet Neck Size Dies for several of my other rifle cartridges, up to .300 Weatherby, and I like to weigh the powder charges of most of my rifle cartridges, but I could still load them on my Dillon.

I put a spacer under the die holder on my RCBS Rockchucker press so the die settings are the same for that press and my Dillon.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member