My choice was Hornady AP with a case feeder. I'll use the case feeder for batch processing such as decapping and sizing only before tumbling or other batch processing. I tend to use powder through dies when available and working well - some cartridges and I don't have working powder through dies so that's not an option. I wanted the additional station over the 550 so I could seat and crimp in different stations for handguns. I like loading the .357 Sig with a double carbide ring Redding .40 S&W die and a 9x19 die - actually carbide Dillon with no lube as only the neck is sized - combined to avoid lube. I felt ease of conversion and prices made the Hornady more versatile than a 650 especially changing primer sizes. I think the 650 really needed a case feeder for full satisfaction but a good friend with a 650 did just fine involving his children for long runs. Just maybe the Dillon is better for team operation with the operator not loading the case and the Hornady is handier for the operator to load the case by hand. Really whatever you get used to first I suppose. If I intended to load rifle hunting and practice loads in smaller runs using a 2 die rifle set I would have gone with a 550 - not settled for but best for the application - but that's not what I wanted. I have a CoAx for shorter rifle runs, a Hollywood Universal Turret for long and fat rifle cartridges and if I ever see a domed primer again, a Harrell's 4 station turret for short cases and loading at the range and a T7 mostly for Redfield Instant Indicators and such so I can leave them set up while I load in other presses.

Today I would very likely go with a Dillon 750 with its new primer setup and I still think Dillon needs a case feeder more than the Hornady.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 08/23/22. Reason: add mention of other presses