Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Last Utah pics. Heading out in the direction of Hatch NM took me through Arches and Canyonlands country and Moab, didn’t stop, was on a tight schedule.

that should have brought you down close to 4 corners and Shiprock, get any pictures?

Passed by the Four Corners turnoff, dunno about Shiprock 🙂 I mean I saw some impressive formations in Navajo country, Shiprock may have been one of them.

I did take two photos crossing that big rez...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

and....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Them Navajos have about taken over the AM airwaves, dunno about FM, I was just passing through.

Rock n’ Roll oldies, Country classics, they were playing some good tunes. There was even a Radio Evangelist station and maybe a talk radio station too, I dunno, couldn’t understand it 🙂

Spoken Navajo sounded really soft, not hard to listen to, only word I recognized was Ya-t-hey, from the movies.

I did get that the big National Powwow in Gallup was underway, 100th anniversary, I passed through Gallup, but with dogs in the pickup didn’t try to stop in, didn’t have much daylight left anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744