Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
JakeBlues: I served for 29 years on a major west coast city that had a large "Asian" population!
Asians, in my opinion, are about the finest race of people on earth - BUT.... they are terrible drivers.
I have NO idea why - their intelligence is top rate and their morals are higher than the norm so fewer drugged and drunken Asian drivers.
But they are TERRIBLE drivers/quick decision makers (and many have poor vision?) and we on the P.D. referred to this condition as D.W.O. (Driving While Oriental!).
For the first 34 years of my driving career I would NEVER take my personal vehicle into "Chinatown".
Luckily Montana has NO chinatowns.
The good news is virtually EVERY Asian driver had a valid drivers license and car insurance!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Twenty five years ago it was really bad. The eastern San Gabriel Valley in LA County was inundated. Along the 60 Freeway to the county line, Rosemead, Alhambra, Arcadia was full of them There were parts of town with NO English language on business signs other than 7-11s and gas stations.
Many had "practice cars". Yes, when you got a translator at a TC they would tell you "practice car, it's OK". Usually a Honda or Toyota.
Many had a piece of blue painters tape on the windshield to line up with the dotted lines to help them stay in their lanes. An LP 2.1 TC would take what felt like forever when you had to talk to 4 people, through a translator, in a car all holding their necks. I also would see them taking the license test at the DMV using a translator. No cheating could possibly be going on there.

Last edited by smarquez; 08/14/22.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.