nypost.com

Alec Baldwin on Tuesday blasted the media for keeping up its coverage of the investigation into the shooting that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, as he doubled down on his denial that he pulled the trigger of the gun.

In an appearance on the YouTube show “The Chris Cuomo Project,” the disgruntled actor singled out The Post while whining to host Chris Cuomo about the media not dropping the story of the deadly on-set shooting.

“I used to think The Post was something cops would read for the sports page … but I was surprised to learn some of the people who read The Post,” Baldwin said in the episode that aired Tuesday.

Baldwin and Cuomo, who was unceremoniously ousted at CNN last year, both bemoaned what they deemed unfair press coverage intent on taking them down.

“[The media] have dined out on this and the thing they have in common is nobody was there,” Baldwin said.

The conversation took a bizarre turn when Baldwin tried to illustrate what he believes is the media’s skewed perception of his actions.

“If George Bush’s mother, Barbara, fell through the ice on a pond and I waded into the pond and saved her life, they’d say I groped her. They’d say I squeezed her breast while I was pulling her out of the pond,” Baldwin insisted.

“It doesn’t matter what you do,” he said. “The ones that are out to get you are out to get you.”

Baldwin pointed the finger at others on set.
YouTube/The Chris Cuomo Project

In the interview, Baldwin also denied that he pulled the trigger of the gun last fall on the New Mexico set, claiming that it discharged while he was practicing a technique called “fanning.”

“If you pull the hammer back far enough … the hammer didn’t lock … it would fire the bullet without you pulling the trigger,” he said.

Baldwin said a safety officer told him it was safe to do this since the weapon was “cold,” meaning it was not loaded with bullets.

“Everyone on set knows what happened that day,” Baldwin insisted.

“Everyone who was there knows exactly what happened and exactly who is to blame.”