All and especially John;
Good evening to those of you/us who subscribe to the Rifle Looney News, I hope that the day's been decent to you all.

Spoiler alert here too folks if you've read Eileen's story about hunting communication then stop now or be "spoilered" I suppose.

If you'd be so kind as to thank Eileen for the excellent story John, I really, really enjoyed it on a bunch of levels.

Actually I do believe I'll have my good wife read it too as we used to hunt together and miscommunication happened then too.

One occasion I recall vividly was the time we'd spotted a mulie buck milling in some does. He was standing still as she loaded her rifle and settled in for the shot, but just as she did the little bugger started trotting away.

I try to not cuss too, too much as a matter of course and especially in front of my wife, so as he began to go I muttered harshly, "Shoot, shoot, shoot, the bugger's running" which was answered with a loud crack from her .308 carbine.

Up to that point in her hunting she preferred to shoot standing bucks and I turned and said, "Hey good shooting Tex, I thought you didn't shoot running bucks though?"

Of course she looks at me and replies, "Why then did you say, "Shoot, shoot, shoot?"".... shocked

"Well I sorta meant Sh..t, sh..t, sh..t" says I, "but I wasn't going to cuss and.."

"Well Dwayne, how about next time then you just say sh..t, sh...t, sh...t if that's what you mean? Especially if I'm aiming at something!" laugh laugh

Honest though, it was a pretty good shot at a trotting mulie I thought, you know? Still do...

Eileen's story was a grand one and well told.

All the best to one and all out there tonight.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"