Haven't read Eileen's story, but yeah.... miscommunication!

Labor Day weekend - I told my wife on Friday night I would be back Sunday night if I didn't have a moose down that needed care. If I did get a moose, "Don't expect me until Monday night." She processed half of it.

Monday morning she alerted the Troopers that I was "missing". A guy that I had hunted with before ( the year before I had gotten us thoroughly lost out there, but made a nice recovery using "creative navigation"), at the gate, told the Trooper looking over my rig that I was experienced and either OK, or dead- and not to worry himself about it.... and the Trooper took his word.

I was actually packing out the smallest spike bull I've ever killed , 3 heavy loads, 5 miles OW to the truck. It was only a half mile to a float plane lake where I could have had the meat flown out. That was the plan until I saw how small bodied the 16" spike was.... but I had more time than money. And I am cheap..

After that, I never "told" her , or others if applicable, my plans. I wrote them down, preferably with a map, routes, and circles for camp sites.

As Jack Ryan's physician wife said, "If isn't written down, it never happened".

Last edited by las; 08/17/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.