So last week I got a call from an old co-worker (friend), I've been in contact with since I left that job in 2012. So he starts the conversation "I'm not going to be around long, do you want any of my guns?" He's 79 on oxygen full time with COPD and AFIB he explains, and this is why he feel his time is close.

While I'm interested in some of his firearms, I'm more interested in being there for him. We've probably only averaged a conversation a year since I left my old job. I did stop in when I saw him working in his yard once and spent about 30 minutes shooting the bull in the last 10 years.

His youngest lives six hours away and he's been widowed for nearly 30 years. He lives two hours from me and I'm going to try to get up there at least a couple times a month. I spent four hours with him yesterday and he wanted to show me everything as I told him I'd help him to sell off his firearms, ammo, reloading gear, archery gear, and knives that aren't going to his kids. I also need to spend some time mowing his yard he was so proud of.