Burn victims usually die from severe trauma to their system and going into shock and secondary results of being severely dehydrated after severe burns. They usually die from shock if the burn is severe enough or covers more than about 60% of their bodies

In this case, I believe the drugs were acting overtime and overriding her body's reaction to the burns and other injuries, but the end result was pretty inevitable after being in the burning car for that amount of time IMO. I spent a week in a burn center and there were patients from a 4 year old that crawled up on a counter and over a gas burner and set his clothes on fire, to a guy who fell asleep while drunk and dropped a cigarette butt on his couch and set himself on fire. The drunk guy cried and screamed for several days before he died. The 4 year old was treatable but will have terrible scars the rest of his life. The others in the ward were a mix of different injuries, mine being the most minor. It isn't a pretty place to spend time except for the nurses were extremely well trained and were very good at their jobs.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.