Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Fitting thread. I had my Ruger mk2 out today. Getting it dialed in for an upcoming bowling pin shoot. Upgraded the red dot for quicker target acquisition over the old Bushnell TRS25. 5 pins should be sub 2 seconds now.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's jut how I roll, because it works so well. YMMV..
Good pics have both Mkll's been using both at the Dicken drill no fancy b-27 target just a 8.5x 11" piece of copier paper with a 3 3/4" black bull in the middle. My times been running easy 7 seconds with 100% on the paper 40-50 % in the black. Now if I can get my sig p322 to do that I'll be real happy. I load all my ammo but the 22's get reloaded at wallyworld for 21.16/ 325 fed automatch, it shoots damn good for under 7 cents a round...mb

Good post buddy. I wish we could go shooting sometime. The Dicken drill is one that got me back into shooting my pistolas. I went for 11 months without shooting a single pistol. I'm not a pistol shooter. Boy people get pizzed when I say that at the bowling pin shoots, as do the slow fuggers in some of the other handgun threads here. They are playing catch up I think. Something they don't get is I've been shooting pistols for a long time. Had a fuggin 29-2 when I was 14. Dirty harry? No ,but it killt a lot of jack rabbits. Running most times too. You don't just get good by sitting at home playing with yourself. My dad told me I could shoot his Browning Buckmark, but I never had an interest in the 22lr pistols when I was young. Bigger is better right? Well, maybe. I do however suggest that if guys have little to no experience with a hangun, start out with a 22lr. You will get in a lot more practical experience with a 22lr. I texted my buddy Gunner yesterday and he said post up those targets, who cares about those sniveling whine babies. He's right, but hurt feelers are hurt feelers right? No need to rub it in. Your approach makes you focus on making better hits on target. I like the 8.5x11 sheet of paper idea, as it makes you focus more. Anyone can hit a damn huge azzed silhouette at 40 yards. Like these guys that shoot at a 2'x2' steel plate set at 1,000 yards with their rifles. Any one can do that with damn near any rifle. We live in a world where second and third and even last place are given trophies. It is what it is...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA