He was a fixture for me growing up and I loved him. He was a little over the top sometimes but then again so am I. I hope he’s at peace…. I really do!

None of us know the struggles of another. There by the grace of God go I.

Having a close personal relationship with people I deeply loved that battled Alzheimer’s, dementia, ALS, Parkinson’s, etc I can only say that my the strength and grace they showed during years of darkness is awe-inspiring…..I don’t know if I could do it.

Every Sunday I witness an amazing and inspiring scene. A husband maybe a few years older than me is in the front and center pew with his wife who is in the end stages of ALS. I wake up most mornings and movement is tough, my back surgeries, shoulder surgeries and injuries that likely will never get surgery..hurt, and I think it’s a good excuse to miss today’s service…..and then I remember them. I don’t know how long it takes him to get her into bed at night or how long it takes him to get her ready in the morning but I know he has a damn steep hill to climb all day everyday for as long as his best friend draws a breath. They are full of happiness, smiles and love even though it seems like they should be cursing their station in life…..

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~