Hope you get one. If you do, post a pic. This will be my first year giving coyotes a whirl.

Our coyote season on public lands began here on Thursday. I still want to give it a try. The county I am going to hunt in doesn't allow any rifles larger whan .22 rimfire for any game OTHER THAN ground hogs and coyote. We can use a centerfire for coyotes there anytime they are in season, except during the general firearms season for deer. So that gives me from now until November 19 to get out and hunt with a rifle. I no longer own a rifle between .22 LR and 6.5x55mm. .308 is overkill for coyote but that's what I am going to take out. I went to my club this morning and checked zero on my Winchester M70 Featherweight and Browning BLR .308s. This area I'm going to hunt might offer a shot out to 150 yards or so. I can see down the logging roads pretty far before they take a bend, though the woods on either side are pretty thick, especailly now.

Skunks are in season now, too. Last time I was there to get my game camera, I almost bumped into a big one, literally.