To the original post, several times over the years I have called adult turkeys in while I was coyote hunting. It isn't uncommon while squalling for coyotes to call other unintended animals in. Like deer for example, I have called a lot of does in while using a distress call for coyotes. One time a bachelor herd of five bucks came in. And the distress call isn't fawn distress, it could be anything from woodpecker to jackrabbit. But either maternal instinct or curiosity takes over and other non predatory animals come in. Like two big old gobblers that came in full strut in late January to rabbit distress. I watched these two knuckle heads strut in from over 100 yards away with the FoxPro squalling away. They closed to about fifty yards, put on a show and finally dropped strut and walked off. I've had hens come in a beeline right to me cutting and calking all the way. That's one of the things about predator hunting I always enjoy, ya just never know what's going to happen when you start the music.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.