I've got the plain 365 (not X or XL or anything) without safety. I've handled and shot a number of compact 9's. For me the 365 is the best. The recoil is slightly more noticeable than my other 9's (Beretta 92 and Glock 34) but not to the point that it's detrimental to shooting. I usually say "it shoots like a big gun" and that's how I feel about it. To me, the small size is not detrimental to shooting. I don't see a reason for a safety on it. IMO, this is an IWB pistol. If it's in a properly designed holster there is no need for a safety. If you carry it in a pocket a safety can get knocked off. Any "pocket holster" I've seen or tried seems to exponentially increase the possibility of deployment of your pistol turning into a charlie foxtrot at the worst possible time. If I want to pocket carry I'll carry a 2" SP-101 or a J frame.

i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines. You can't have it all. I carry a 365 as a last-ditch, can't avoid it, self-defense pistol. If I were going into a situation that would likely turn into a running gun battle I'd carry something else.

Mathew 22: 37-39