Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
As far as a stripped lower how is Anderson inferior to another brand? If it's milled properly what's the difference? I can see different fcg making all sorts of difference, but just the lower receiver I'm not sure. Educate me
If the manufacturer is using quality CNC machines with sharp tools and closely following the industry standards to every dimension there should be no excuse for bad lowers and uppers. The problem comes from inattentive or lackadaisical operators, dull tools or allowing some dimensions to wander (tolerance stacking) and not catching it before sending the part onto the next step.

I went cheap on a couple of barrels and it come back to bite me in the a$$ with less accuracy than I expected. Go with companies that have a reputation of producing quality products for many years in a row and avoid the hassles. Anderson for the first several years after their introduction had some tolerance problems as I recall. Maybe they have those issues fixed, I don't know. I learned a lesson about going cheap and I have been much more selective about what I buy since. Buy once and cry once.

So; going back to the OP's original question, can I (or anyone) say which AR's are the worst on the market ? No. I can only say to you what is among the best based on reputation and how long the company has been in business. It appears the companies that do not put out a quality product are probably no longer in business and their name has disappeared from the industry or will soon be out of business if their product is crap. And, they will also disappear from the industry. Just my observations.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.