Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Get a good barrel, bolt, and trigger. The rest just holds the important bits together. You are never going to wear out a upper or lower, and only 1/4% of people will ever wear out a barrel or bolt. Being an AR brand snob is like wear designer cloths, it doesn't make any sense.

You might not have been around in the Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorn days or you would know some receivers do a better job of holding the important bits together. PWA was another brand that had a lot of issues with pins drilled a little off, enough so that they broke hammers pretty regularly.

I'm not saying names will get you a better gun but sometimes names will give you a better chance.

Designer clothes? That's kind of an odd analogy but I'll take Carhart over the knock offs every time. Guns are not much different.

In the last decade even the cheaper stuff has been made to spec. You pin together an Anderson and PSA parts, etc . Most of manufactures who couldn't machine a part to spec are long gone. I saw a lot of retarded stuff ten years ago, butnot so much anymore. There is a lot unnecessarily expensive parts out there ... titanium bolts ... cough. Get a good barrel , extension, and trigger if you want to spend $$ on an AR.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne