This thread reminds me a lot of a story a good friend told me several years ago. He worked in the large gun department of a local sporting goods store for many years, and just about every year a hunter (or two or three) would show up at the counter and ask for a box of Seven Em Em ammo. My friend would ask which kind?--and the guy would look puzzled, because as far as he knew there only one Seven Em Em cartridge existed, which of course was the 7mm Remington Magnum.

Most of the posts here suggest the same thing, despite the thread-header only mention "a 7 mag."

I've owned four 7mm Remington Magnums over the past 30+ years, including my present one, a very accurate Mauser M18. But have also owned and hunted with a 7mm Weatherby Magnum, a 7mm Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum, and a 7mm Shooting Times Westerner--which despite not including "magnum" in its name, is more powerful than the three others--and also has a belted case....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck