The brother of a Model 71 Winchester that belonged to Jack Wilson was sold to a local guy. The rifle was a carbine and a twin to the one that I own. It is not in any kind of shape but it belonged to a very famous guide who led a hunter to the still current world record Dall sheep and is pictured in some of the pictures of that sheep on recovery. The local guy sold it to somebody else and its connection to history is probably lost.

Two years ago Phil Shoemaker (458 Win) on here was selling some of his rifles. He had a Jeffery in 404 Jeffery and Jack O'Connor's Adolf Minar stocked Springfield in 30/06(which he still owns btw) for sale. His selling price was more than fair but I didn't have it at the time of the sale. I would sell a [bleep] of rifles to get that rifle. John Jobson wrote a story about how he chased that particular rifle for 30 years and he finally was able to purchase it and then died soon after. His wife sold it and somehow Phil who creeps auctions like a boss and knows his stuff like a boss found it. I just think that to own one of Jack's rifles that has so much history and yet has a quality and rarity like that rifle would be worth the price of admission. But that is just me.