Stopped in a shop in South Georgia coming back from rabbit hunting. I was tired of schlepping my heavy Remington war production Browning A5 20ga. I was looking for a Franchi 48AL. I found a very svelte 20 ga SxS. The action was very tiny and the case hardening was beautiful. I never heard of Ugartechea so I put it back on the rack. The $700 price seemed a little steep for a no name shotgun. When I got home and researched it a little more. I knew I screwed up.

I love Remington 600s, so when Remington came out with 673 I wanted one. The price was about $700. I couldn’t scrape up the money for one and hoped I would find a used one. When they were discontinued the price initially dropped. I kept getting out bid on gunbroker. I found a used one in a pawnshop that’s owned by a friend. She told me I could have it for cost. $400. It was in the one caliber that I didn’t care for. 300Saum. It sat on the shelf for a month. I finally decided to get it. I walked in and went to the rack to get it. It was gone. I asked about it and there was a guy standing there doing the paperwork on it.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.