Been a lurker on traditional since I was a kid. Along the way listened to a lot of stories, and read a few issues of Traditional Bowhunter. But I fell down the hole when a good friend showed me his custom bow collection and Rob Patuto started the Stick Bow Chronicles podcast. Devoured those episodes and went looking for affordable bows on eBay. Found a Martin Jaguar and some ILF longbow limbs @30lbs. Bought a Black Hunter with 45lb limbs.
Still working on the “Custom Bow Budget Envelope”. My friend sold his Big Jim at Etar after I passed on it. I really am sweet on the Java Man or Tolke Whip. With the wait times that will be a spring project at this point.
Last night in the woods for the first sit of the year was amazing. Turkeys on the walk in. Two different doe encounters. And an amazing sunset. Only shot was for practice with the judo point before climbing down. One of the best nights I’ve had in the tree.
Last year I put 35 hunts into the journal with the stick and string. Best year yet
As was said above Trad to me is about the Hunt, the other tools in the barn are for empty freezer filling.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......