Originally Posted by Dp1975
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Dp1975
I have a 1927 M54 in .270. All original including factory Lyman peep. Has anyone ever heard of any accidents where the firing pin was blown back when a case ruptured? I read that the original M54 that did not have the gas release port in the receiver ring could have this happen? I have not seen any evidence of this online and with quite a few still out there being used if it was a big problem someone would have mentioned it? I do know that Winchester would drill the gas port and change the firing pin to the one piece FP if the rifle was sent back to them. My M54 was built before the factory gas port, but it does have one now. The rifle was sent back to Winchester at some point for the modification.

The rifles with an A in sn means the rifle has the improved firing pin and gas port.

Mine has no A in the serial number but was modified. I’m asking if anyone has had or heard of any problems with either the modified or M54 without the gas port?

I put out bad info Winchester started putting the A in sn to
Indicate the improved extractor. I stole this from another website “In mid production, a ‘speed striker mechanism’ improving lock time and ignition reliability was also introduced”.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.